Inside Job – For Those who Never Saw It
For anyone who has still not seen Inside Job — released in 2010 — here’s the chance. The video was billed as a must see for those trying to understand how the US/UK banking axis destroyed the global economy in 2007/8 and has so far gotten away with it.
‘Inside Job’ provides a comprehensive analysis of the global financial crisis of 2008, which at a cost over $20 trillion, caused millions of people to lose their jobs and homes in the worst recession since the Great Depression, and nearly resulted in a global financial collapse.
UPDATE: Vimeo now advises the video has been deleted presumably for copyright reasons. It can be purchased on a Sony pictures DVD from Amazon here:
This link is to the Vimeo video sharing site:
Meanwhile the good news is that an even more powerful series of exposes has been released by the US Public Broadcasting network and can be found here:
Jeremy Warner writing in the London-based Daily Telegraph reported: “The European Commission’s latest winter forecasts predict another year of recession and rising unemployment for the eurozone, and only feeble growth of just 1.4pc the year after (2014). The upshot is that little progress will be made this year in bringing budget deficits down as a percentage of GDP among the euro area’s weaker economies, while for a number of countries, the goal of reduced public indebtedness remains as far away as ever. For the next two years at least, public indebtedness will continue to climb across most eurozone member states. Government targets for reducing budget deficits are likely to be be missed, both this year and next, not just in weaker member states covered by the support programme, but also in a number of larger eurozone economies.
So don’t be lulled into believing its all over yet despite recent upbeat noises from desperate European politicians. For more views on how much longer the pain is likely to linger try these links:
- Five Years Since The Great Financial Crisis: “No Growth, No Deleveraging”
- “What’s Next?”: Simon Johnson Explains The Doomsday Cycle
- We Are On The Road To Serfdom
- The Global Risk Landscape For 2013
- The Financial Crisis Of 2015 – A Non-Fictional Fiction
- Inside Job, Narrated by Matt Damon (Full Length HD) (ritholtz.com)
- From Democracy to Debtocracy
- Global Noise says Don’t owe, Won’t pay
- Happy (Global-Debt-Jubilee) New Year to All
- Scapegoat or Rogue – a 4.9bn Euro Question
- EuroCrisis: ‘You Can’t Make Up How Bad It Is’
- Fears EU Could Self-destruct Over Euro Crisis
- Gold: Back to the Future?
- Roll Back the State or Become Communists
- How Bankers Bust The West and Killed the Kids
- Euroland – Eclipse of Reason and Democracy
- Eurocrats Relentless in their Grab for Power