Best Baguette in Paris Taste Race
Seeking the best baguette in Paris? Try this interactive map pinpointing the location of all the contestants in the latest city-wide taste-test for this cherished French staple — as featured on Paris by Mouth.
The City of Paris web site here has a Google street view of the winning bakery which should help hungry tourists find it easily. The website reports that the discriminating jury tested/tasted 151 baguettes baked by the candidates ranking them by five criteria: baking, taste, mix, smell and appearance! The winner ? The baguette baked by Ridha Khadher of “Paradis du Gourmand” at 156 rue Raymond Losserand in the 14e arrondissement.
The Best Baguettes in Paris
Top ten finishers in the Grand Prix de la Baguette de la Ville de Paris competition, 2007-2012 – Paris by Mouth
View The Best Baguettes in Paris in a larger map
- Photos: Best Baguette of Paris 2013 (photos.mercurynews.com)
- September is Fête de la Gastronomie Time
- Grape Hunting from Beaune to Bordeaux
- Try Nancy When Seeking Macaron Mecca
- Chocolate with a Saint Valentine’s Passion
- Parisians Lineup for Portuguese Tarts
- The 450 kilo Chocolate Boat Regatta
- French Revenge – Melt the Miserable Man
- Picnic in Paris (Now that Summer is Here)
- Red-Lipped Flashmobbers Against Rape
- Trip Around Forgotten Paris Museums
- Cafés Wastefully ‘Warm Sparrows in Winter’
- Polyglot Cafés Where Talk is Speed Speak
- Cafe for just a Euro in Paris? Click the Cup
- Does Paris Love its Kiosks Enough?
- French revolutionary rule keeps Paris bakers baking … – France 24