As We Said: Insects the Nouvelle Cuisine – UN
Toulouse-based French entrepreneurs have been way ahead of the game in developing and marketing haute cuisine insect menus for discerning gourmets and now their efforts have been given official UN endorsement (or almost).
As first reported here Some Red with your Grilled Water Scorpions? and here France’s First Farm Food Drive-In is in Bordeaux, Toulouse-based entrepreneurs such as Cédric Auriol, manager and founder of Micronutris at Saint-Orens are raising “eco-friendly, high-quality, organically-fed insects” on the basis that alternatives will be needed once looming global food shortages arrive.
Now these efforts have been UN-endorsed or sort of. FAO, the Rome-based UN Food and Agricultural Organisation, has just produced and issued a report advocating insect- eating as the way to global food security.
To read the report click on the image (downloads as a pdf file)
Story: Ken Pottinger
- Caveat Emptor – A French Foodies Horror Movie
- Chevalgate: Ever Seen Fish That Eat Pig?
- Horse Lasagne Canters Through EU Food Chain
- How About Coypu A La Carte?
- The French Onion: ‘Killed’ for a Chocolatine?
- Might Chevalgate Turn France Flexitarian?
- ‘British’ Cassoulet re-ignites 100-Year-War
- Going … The Great Dishes of France?
- Duck Fat or Live and Let Liver
- First came McDo next the Texas Food Truck
- Vegetarian you Said? In La France!
- ‘Clik’ ‘Clik’ – Screw Caps on Wine Offensive