As the US Tea Party & European Right Win Elections Its the Banksters We Should Blame
The success of hardline conservative anti-EU parties in the recent European parliamentary elections may have shocked the bien pensants, however it is Europe’s Left that has lost the plot.
Indeed Prof Michal Hudson lays the blame on left-wing governments he says have been captured by global financial felons and as result now attack their voters.
“…in Europe, the accusation is that supporting the eurozone and the European Central Bank and European unity gives the bankers the ability to take control of the European government and to use them against the people to impose austerity, debt deflation, and a whole set of bank rules that is essentially causing the same kind of unemployment and poverty in Europe that it’s causing here in the United States.”
Michal Hudson is distinguished Research Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. His two newest books are “The Bubble and Beyond” and “Finance Capitalism and its Discontents,” available on Amazon.
From the Real News Network
The Real News Network is a global online video news network that listens to and is dependent on its audience. NO ADVERTISING; NO GOVERNMENT FUNDING; NO CORPORATE FUNDING; Donor supported.
- New Right: Where Cross and Crescent Flirt in France May a Tea Party Brew?
- Bye Bye Banksters – Hello BRIC (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- The Ghosts of Europe (online.wsj.com)
- Europeans United in Hating Europe
- The Most Dangerous Europeans in 70 Years
- Cyprus: European Economic Heart Attack Ahead?
- European Democracy Under the Boot?
- European Democracy Hijacked by Crisis?