Cologne New Year Rape and Assaults Shock Europe and Rattle Pied Piper Merkel
Alleged mass New Year assaults and rapes in Germany, mainly Cologne and Hamburg, have shocked Europe and further fuelled support for politically conservative insurgents like France’s Front National, after initially hushed-up reports suggest recent migrant arrivals — overwhelmingly young men — appear to be the perpetrators.
The reports first surfaced on social media in the early hours of
New Year’s Day but only hit the mainstream media, and with such impact that even the left-leaning BBC gave it extensive coverage, after the London-based Breitbart news site, quoting German sources, broke the story in great detail on Monday.
Here is an eyewitness account by hotel club bouncer Ivan Jurcevic of what he saw happen on December 31, 2015 in front of the famous Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom). He says mass media coverage only began after countless women and teenage girls posting on the Nett-Werk Köln Facebook page, a local network for Cologne residents, giving accounts of how they had been chased by a migrant mob and sexually assaulted:
The eyewitness account was uploaded to YouTube and listed by Live Leaks as: “New Years Eve 2015, Immigrant riots in Cologne Germany”.
German media and many other mainstream European outlets have subsequently given the affair saturation coverage with embarrassed German officials seeking to explain apparent initial police inertia and playing down the potentially disastrous impact of the affair on open-door migration policies conceived by Chancellor Angela Merkel in the summer. Her emotional heart over head decision now increasingly looks set to destroy the career and reputation of the leader of the German economic giant and the EU’s most powerful woman.
A short summary of the affair comes here from the Washington-based TV presenter and author Bill Still in his Still Report #500 – Sex Assaults Explode in Germany:
Published on Jan 6, 2016
Among the main points in a report headlined: “The Destruction of Europe”, Still says: “Germany is now undergoing the most rapid and destructive transformation in its history thanks to the recent Muslim immigrant invasion. Hundreds of women protested yesterday over an unprecedented string of widespread sexual assaults that took place during New Year’s Eve celebrations in Cologne, Germany. Although German main-stream media has tried to downplay the negative repercussions of the migrant influx, the cat is apparently now out of the bag…
“At least 90 women have reported being sexually assaulted and robbed by gangs of men of ‘Arab or North African’ origin…
“The mass attack happened when up to 1,000 migrants descended on the normally happy New Year’s celebration around Cologne’s Central Station in what authorities are now calling a ‘crime of a whole new dimension.’
“…Europe is taking a complete political 180 degree turn. Anti-migrant political parties are surging across Europe. However, many German officials remain in complete denial. As Cologne’s Mayor Henriette Reker put it yesterday: ‘It’s completely improper… to link a group that appeared to come from North Africa with the refugees’. “.
While authorities in Germany including the far left Green Mayor of Cologne, have been quick to warn against blaming recent arrivals from the more than 1 million mainly Muslim migrants that Chancellor Merkel has embraced, many Germans themselves seem far less tolerant. Only 6 months ago they were standing on train platforms waving welcome refugees signs. Today they are standing outside the Cologne station demanding action to stop rape and assaults on German women.
It needed very little common sense or any great insight to see months ago that Merkel was playing a highly dangerous game not only with the security of her own people but also with the rest of the EU on which she unsuccessfully tried to impose her migrants. French News Online has published several reports to this effect:
- Can EU Survive its “Successes”: 7-Year Recession, Jobless Youth, Migrant Flood, Greek ‘Coup’?
- EU Migrant Crisis: German Voter Anger Rising – Perhaps Mutti Merkel Faces a Problem?
- Merkel’s Migrants: “Worst Piece of Public Policy in 50 Years” Germany and France Told
- Documenting the Drama: Why Mutti Merkel Could Well Become the Nemesis of Europe
Below Breitbart via N-TV a German broadcaster and Bild
(Germany’s biggest selling magazine) reported on January 6: “Victims of the Cologne New Year’s Eve migrant sex abuse gangs have told of the harrowing attacks they were subjected to this weekend, as it emerges a total of 118 Germans have now come forward to police to report having been assaulted.
“Although the story was initially ignored in the German news media, details began to emerge of the shocking attacks on Monday during a police conference called to deal with the complaints of abuse and police negligence circulating on social media, as Breitbart London revealed to the English-speaking world at the time.
“Even large groups of girls travelling together were not spared by the migrants at Cologne railway station and in other German cities, as gangs of up to 40 men moved to attack at once in the early hours of new year’s day. Michelle, an 18-year-old German woman was walking to the station at 11-PM on new year’s eve with a group of friends when they were attacked. N-TV reports her words:
‘We were eleven people on the go. At eleven o’clock we were at the main station and walked to the Rhine in order there to watch the fireworks. Even then we already noticed many men.
‘We were at the cathedral and from there walked to the Ludwig Museum and passed down to the Rhine. There were suddenly 20 to 30 men who surrounded us, and more and more came’.
“The men then moved in and, despite their screaming out, began to molest the group of girls. Getting through their thick winter clothes, the girls told the television station about being touched on the legs, back, buttocks, and upper body. She said they protested but the men didn’t appear to understand German. ‘They were all foreigners’, said Michelle.
“German newspaper Bild reports the testimonies of other young victims. Using pseudonyms to protect the identities of the young women involved, the paper reports the words of 18-year-old Annika who said of her first every trip to Cologne: “It was scary. Mainly because a nobody helped. I feel so dirty. So used…
“Annika said her friends purses had all been rifled during the ordeal and when she found a police officer later to report the assault, he just told her to go to a police station.”
While here is a report on how the German mass media finally admitted its nose for a hard news story was regrettably all clogged up … possibly with wintry cold! According to Agence France Presse which published the report: “German public broadcaster ZDF has apologised for delays in reporting on a wave of sexual assaults blamed on men of Arab appearance amid accusations Wednesday of media self-censorship of the inflammatory issue.
“The rash of attacks and thefts in a New Year’s Eve crowd in the western city of Cologne was only widely covered by national media early this week, after police had initially reported no major incidents.
“News editors of ZDF’s flagship “heute” (today) evening news programme apologised on social media for not reporting on the incidents at least in its Monday evening bulletin, four days after the attacks.
‘The news situation was clear enough. It was a mistake of the 7 pm ‘heute’ show not to at least report the incidents,’ wrote deputy chief editor Elmar Thevessen on the show’s Facebook page.
“Editors had decided to postpone the news segment to Tuesday, the day Cologne’s city hall and police held a crisis meeting on the attacks, he wrote, admitting this was ‘a clear misjudgement’. “
This German media clip posted to YouTube and produced by Top24news shows totally uncontrolled fireworks going off around the railway station plaza and in front of the Cologne Cathedral:
Below the conservative Canadian lawyer and TV current affairs show host, Ezra Levant, gives his version of the events that rocked Cologne on New Years Eve. The relevant part of the video falls in the first 10:25 minutes:
Ezra Levant Show: Muslim migrant rape and riot spree in Germany. Published on Jan 5, 2016: Ezra Levant reports on the mass assaults that occurred in Germany on New Years Eve, carried out by Muslim refugees.
Editorial note: Whatever the German government is now telling its citizens via the media, the very first reports that appeared on German TV and social media, and as monitored by French News Online, spoke of “African and Arab looking men” carrying “German asylum seeker identification documents” i.e. migrant arrivals likely to have been from the more than 1 million who have reached Germany this year as the guests of the German Pied Piper- Angela Merkel.
According to a later report in the London Daily Mail, police in Dusseldorf: “fear the attacks may be linked to a known criminal gang comprising 2,000 North African men who use sexual assault as a means of distraction”(The girls attacked in Cologne reported their purses had been rifled and their phones and other electronic equipment stolen during their ordeal).
“… Horst Seehofer, the Bavarian leader of the Christian Social Union, said that the country should make sure that from now on there was an absolute limit of no more than 200,000 refugees per year into Germany. He said: ‘Speaking from experience of the past, I believe that Germany can probably accommodate between 100,000 and 200,000 asylum seekers from war zones per year. This number we can absorb, and can be integrated. But anything over that in my opinion is too much.’
“And he added that refugees who do not have any identification should be turned back at the borders, saying: ‘We need to restore the rule of the law in Germany and in Europe. This also means that anybody who travels into Germany must be able to have identification.’
“This statement is enormously significant for Merkel as Seehofer is leader of the Christian Social Union, which is only present in Bavaria where it is the partner of the CDU. Together the two parties are known as The Union …”
…Meanwhile the paper goes on “Former German Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich branded (the initial German media reluctance to report the attacks) as a cartel of silence and a blackout of news on his Facebook page, adding that they were now seeing the consequences of uncontrolled immigration which ‘can no longer be swept under the carpet’…”
And today is just the sixth day of a New Year already promising to be both unpleasantly eventful and problematical for Germany, its key EU partner France , the EU in general and the rapidly collapsing Schengen zone.
Story: Ken Pottinger
Under the headline “Cologne Assaults: Police Report Outlines ‘Chaotic and Shameful’ New Year’s Eve” the leading leftwing German news magazine Der Speigel has now published confirmation that the perpetrators in the Cologne attacks included recent young Muslim migrants from Syria.
In a January 7 story it cites an internal report by Germany’s national police, the Bundespolizei, on the New Year’s Eve riot where police admit they lost control.
“The report lists several examples of police officers’ experiences: Officers were hindered from pushing their way through to people calling for help by tight clusters of men.
“A man is quoted as saying: “I’m a Syrian! You have to treat me kindly! Mrs. Merkel invited me.”
“Witnesses were threatened when they provided the names of perpetrators.
“People reportedly demonstratively tore up residence permits in front of the police, grinned and said: “You can’t touch me. I’ll just go back tomorrow and get a new one.” The report did not, however, confirm the authenticity of the documents.
“…According to the report, officers encountered many distraught, crying, frightened pedestrians, particularly women and girls. They reported “fights, thefts, sexual assaults against women, etc.” Groups of male migrants were repeatedly named as perpetrators.”
The report tends to erode the outpouring of leftwing anger on social media and in the liberal Anglophone media at the repeated reports that among the Cologne perpetrators were a number of what some have called “young male Muslim testosterone bombs”, or part of the recently arrived 1 million migrants invited into Germany by Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Here for example is the startling conspiracy theory suggestion by a respected UK-based Forbes magazine contributor, economic journalist Francis Coppola, tweets which she admits have earned her a “huge amount of abuse” (She has now “protected” her twitter account making her tweets available only to approved followers):
— Joana Piercy (@JoPiercy) January 7, 2016
Meanwhile here is a wake-up call by Katie Hopkins a columnist on the London Daily Mail:
“The Guardian feminazis are caught in a monumentally difficult place, their usual outrage over victim-blaming for rape kicked quietly into touch so that they can tiptoe quietly around the issue of race and culture.
“And in this difficult space, in the pressure cooker of Europe, things are on a knife edge.
“As borders are sealed, people are contained into ever-tighter spaces, news is suppressed and truths are locked down.
There is no air left for even the screams of assaulted German girls to be heard in their own country where the Merkel government has ruthlessly managed coverage of its catastrophic decision to let in a million migrants at a stroke.”
This precedes another report on how vigilant patrols are said to be forming in Germany to ensure such assaults don’t happen again. Watch the video where girls who were attacked speak out:
Sue Reid writing on the London-based Daily Mail website January 9 notes the dilemma facing Germany following the events in Cologne, a “fiercely Christian part of the country”: “Germany is having to confront the harsh result of welcoming in huge numbers of men from a culture which denigrates women and abhors the social rules of a modern European society.
“The European Commission estimates that three million more migrants — many of them ill-educated Muslim males who are illiterate even in their own Arab language — will arrive in the EU this year. The chances of successfully integrating them is next to nil”.
Another YouTube video clip has emerged (apparently amateur footage from someone using a mobile phone), that purports to show the groping and sexual assault that occurred in Cologne on New Years Eve:
Cologne New Years Eve 2015 Victim Testimonies
Published to YouTube on Jan 7, 2016